Business Director – Healthcare brands
Grey Group has worked with GSK for over 50 years. They are one of our most loyal, longest standing clients.
We are the brand strategy and lead creative agency for some of GSK’s market leading Wellness and Skincare brands. These brands include; Beechams, Panadol, Day & Night Nurse and Oilaitum, all of which we are entering exciting times with as we begin to work with GSK on expanding their portfolio of work into not just ATL, but also digital and In-Store, as well as brand-new global expansion.
We are currently hiring for a Business Director to join our team and help push this new potential. The successful Business Director needs to know advertising inside out, as well as having a handle on digital and BTL. Someone who understands commercial challenges and is able help lead creative brand strategy.
They will be responsible for bringing the correct resources of the Agency to bear on any project, costing it efficiently for the Client and profitably for Agency. Taking a long term view of strategy and creative ambition and building towards that in partnership with Client.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Make strategic recommendations about budget levels, deployment based on maximum return on Client investment
- Responsible for the profitable operation of the account
- Develops staffing plans, understands P&L's for their account - flexes structure to maximise efficiency
- Pro-actively seeks incremental revenue opportunities - from Grey or other disciplines
- Responsible for the delivery of performance bonus
- Sets the medium-term vision (1-2 yrs) for the brand alongside planner
- Understands the role of each discipline to create a holistic campaign
- Argues cogently for cut-through, innovative creative work, always seeks to move the standard higher
- Respected by mid-senior Clients for clarity of thought, sense of purpose and team leadership - seen as an equal by many
- Understands the Client's business needs well enough to make proactive recommendations and understand the impact of ideas & strategies
- Presents major new thinking against brand challenges, together with team
- Builds the relationship beyond the ad development process by added value behaviour (training, workshops, guest speakers, conferences etc)
- Owner and responsible for the Agency Referral Rating scores
- Sets the tone and standards for the whole team (across all departments - and potentially partner agencies, (UK and overseas)
- Regularly reviews resources, addresses team aspirations and issues
Life at Grey:
Over the past four years Grey London has transformed its business performance & creative output, emerging as one of London’s most dynamic & fastest growing agencies. Our strategy for change has been our culture.
We call it OPEN.
Open is about fostering an environment that is creatively stimulating & personally rewarding & the best way to ensure fantastic creative solutions & happy clients.
It's been the engine behind our new business success, which has seen us nearly double in size & win 18 accounts over the past two years including; News International, Greene King, Lucozade, Brother, Vodafone & Sony. Other blue-chip clients include SEAT, Pantene, The British Heart Foundation, Boss Fragrances, Sensodyne, Allianz & Pringles.
We also have an open door friendly culture and a buzzing creative vibe. Our open plan offices, once used for the filming of The Bourne Ultimatum (one of our many claims to fame!), is based in the heart of Farringdon and is shared with a few of our lovely sister WPP agencies of whom we often collaborate with.
Along with award winning work, a great creative culture and lots of friendly people, we also offer some excellent benefits to all employees. Here are just some to give you a taster: Private health insurance, Private medical insurance, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, In-House Doctor, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Season ticket loan, 25 days holiday (plus 3 bonus days over xmas), In-house salon Weekly free Yoga, Pilates and Zumba classes, Corporate gym memberships, Free fruit and breakfast, Sabbaticals, Free Friday fruit smoothies and a weekly free bar with regular live entertainment!